Friday, January 20, 2017

My Cards and Tags: Card Using Sunshine Girl Stamp

Happy weekend everyone!  I had a bit of time on my hands and made a card using this fabulous Sunshine Girl stamp by Journal Girl (Samie).


I started with a page from an old science book.  I cut a panel of letters using Simon Says Stamps' Alphabet Blocks die.  It's a great die because you can use the letters individually or use the whole panel as an interesting background.  Once I glued the alphabet panel down, I smeared on white paint and magenta paint, both by Dina Wakley.  I added some Distress Ink smears.  I also stamped on some faux stitches and some circles using Simon Says Stamp's Scribble Flowers set.  


I stamped and cut my girl out of beige paper, then made her a fabric scrap dress and glued her to my card.  I found the "Good things happen" sentiment in an old book and thought it went along nicely with the image and the book page which chronicles achievements in science.

The snow is still piling up in my neck of the woods, so I appreciate this Sunshine Girl stamp even more!