Sunday, May 3, 2015

My Other Creations: Be Bright Bookmark

"Don't Abandon the Coral" is this week's clever theme over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.  My lit nerd friends and I do love classy bookmarks, so that's the direction I went this week.  On a side note, not everyone uses this same bookmark courtesy.  Having worked in a library for most of my adult life, I can tell you that people use all sorts of weird and wacky and sometimes icky things for bookmarks: popsicle sticks, airline tickets, photos (some quite cheesy), Post-It notes, bills, receipts, napkins, string, sticks of gum, candy bar wrappers, recipes, and sometimes even juicy drama-filled junior high notes!  So beware of what you leave behind for bored librarians' eyes!


Isn't this lady a fabulous image?  It's from Dina Wakley's Positive Women stamp set.  I stamped her once on flesh-colored cardstock, fussy-cut her out, then paper-pieced her together.  I colored her with Distress Ink and watercolors and I made sure to give her plenty of pops of coral.  The little curly-swirly circles are from the Whimsical Wishes stamp set by My Favorite Things.


I watercolored the background and added some text stamping from Tim Holtz.  Her "Be Bright" sentiment is also from Tim Holtz- his Big Chat sticker set and his Elementary Flash Cards.

I made my bookmark using these fine products from Simon Says Stamp:



Coral reminds me of my favorite roses in my mother's flower garden, so I can't see what memories it evokes for you or what it inspires you to create.  Upload your masterpieces to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog and you'll be automatically entered to win a $50 gift voucher to Simon Says Stamp!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/