Sunday, February 3, 2013

My Cards and Tags: True Love

So I whipped out my Valentine's decor the other day and it was looking a little...sparse.  I wanted something new to put on the entryway table, so I decided to make a Valentine's card, then frame it!  (Picture a triumphant "Duhn-duhn-duhn-duuuuuhn" sound right now)!  I know- the idea of framing a card is not rocket science, but for some reason, I've never done it before.  So may I proudly present my framed Valentine's card:  


For this piece, I used a lot of supplies from the Love Note collection by Fancy Pants Designs.  LOVE what they come up with!  The background paper is from that collection, and then I shot a spritz of "pretty pink" color mist on it (Mister Huey's brand).

I used a Chevron stripe sticker (also from Fancy Pants) and layered two pieces of fabric on top of it.  I punched a heart out of some pink corrugated paper (yep-- Fancy Pants again) and stuck it behind my sentiment.


To embellish, I added a mini pink binder clip and attached a Fancy Pants "true love" sentiment sticker.



Wah-la!  Done!  And I must say, framing my first card was rather satisfying.  I decorate my craft space with my own artwork and projects all the time, but this framed card is the first piece of my artwork that's oozed into the main living area of the house.  Kind of a cool little milestone!

And hey- you know what February means, right?  It means we are only ONE month away from the Scrapbook USA Expo!!!  Yipppeeee!  Don't forget to mark your calendars, pack your bags, or do whatever else needs to be done to be ready for the Expo that will happen on March 22nd and 23rd in Utah!  It will be epic, as always, and Fancy Pants (along with so many other inspiring brands) will have their wares up for grabs.  Check out the Scrapbook USA Expo website for all you need to know to take part in this crafty extravaganza.